Eye care isn’t the same as it was back when you were a kid. Now, to get an updated vision prescription, instead of having to rely on your answer to “which is better: A or B,” while reading an eye chart on the wall, digital eye exams are on the scene – generating precise results via an automated process. Additionally, eye health evaluations now make use of digital eye exam tools such as optomap retinal imaging, and advanced glaucoma screening that doesn’t depend on the traditional, uncomfortable air puff.
At our Dallas eye care center, we’re pleased to use state-of-the-art eye exam technology, which enhances precision, efficiency and comfort for our patients.
What do digital eye exams do?
Digital eye exams and automated refraction use software-driven eye charts and sensors to measure how your eye reacts to light. By altering the magnification of an image until the sensors detect that the patient sees it clearly, an accurate prescription can be obtained.
Additionally, your digital eye exam at our Dallas eye doctor’s office can map and image your eye, providing our eye doctor with a wealth of data:
- Corneal topography provides details about the shape of your eye, which helps to diagnose an irregular cornea or corneal disorder. This information also makes it more efficient to fit contact lenses.
- Optomap retinal imaging can spot the early signs of eye disease, such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and cataracts, way before you notice any symptoms. These images are also recorded, which provides our doctors with a detailed way to track your eye health and monitor for changes over time.
- The signs of systemic conditions such as hypertension and high cholesterol can be detected at an eye exam with digital imaging.
- Visual problems that may only disturb you at night, such as halos and starbursts, can be identified with digital eye exams, so you can benefit from treatment with customized eyewear.
- Automated visual field testing is used to detect glaucoma, instead of using the conventional air puff test that many patients find uncomfortable.
We don’t cut corners when it comes to your vision. Our eye care office in Dallas is equipped with the latest diagnostics, including digital eye exams. Come see for yourself!
At Switalski Eye Care, we put your family’s needs first. Talk to us about how we can help you maintain healthy vision. Call us today: 972-424-2019 or book an appointment online to see one of our Plano eye doctors.
Want to Learn More? Read on!